Thursday, December 5, 2013

Introducing one of our Freestyle Collage Designers!

Today I am thrilled to introduce one of our Freestyle Collage Designers. This type of designing is really cool...I love the look and was first introduced to it by Paper Crafts magazine. 

When I think of this designer, I think of elegance and sophistication...I love the way she uses embellishments and papers and textures to make such fabulous cards!!!



Let's welcome, Karen Davis!!


Hi, my name is Karen Davis and I live in Auckland, New Zealand. Graham and I have been married for 20 years and we share our home with three dear old cats, and one darling rabbit.

I work from home designing and writing patterns for quilts, bags, and softies, for my business, Pieceful Life Designs. I have also been a quilt tutor for 8 years.

My spare time is spent making cards. I started dabbling in paper crafting seven years ago, but it wasn’t until the end of last year that I became aware of the huge online card making community and challenges.

I am delighted to be a part of The Card Concept’s amazingly talented design team. 


Definition of Freestyle Collage:
  • unrelated elements in a collection
  • can be done in any style
  • use of embellishments
  • use of texture
  • eye-catching and pleasing

Have you ever heard of this style before? 
Is it something you would like to explore?

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card! This is a style I'm excited to learn more about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Karen! Your card is just beautiful!! I can't wait to see more of your lovely style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to be inspired by your lovely work, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes would love to learn more about this style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Karen! Love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card, Karen! I would love to learn more about your style, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of fun with this style--I'm looking forward to some eclectic combinations. ALso love that your designers are from ALL OVER THE PLACE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, Karen. Congratulations and nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to all the wonderful card designs from the very unique challenge site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be a new avenue for me...looking forward to giving it a go...your card is wonderful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete