Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Challenge #3 - Use Monochromatic Pink

Meet Our Guest Designer for February 2014!


Hey everyone, Tracey here. Being a CAS designer I am always drawn to designs that have lots of white space, clean lines and boast simplicity. Clean and Simple cards are not easy to create. They take a strong design sense to make a bold statement without clutter and bulk. Today I am so excited to introduce our February CAS Guest Designer who has that strong design sense that makes her cards so captivating. Please welcome Laurie Willison as our CAS Guest Designer for February!



Hello!  My name is Laurie Willison and I am a mom of 2 from Kansas.  I am an party time RN and part time SAHM and a full time crafter!  :)  I have started scrapbooking back in 1998 and then was introduced to stamping in 2007....and I have been hooked every since.  My style is pretty much CAS.  I love white space and find myself using white card bases a lot, with a pop of color here and there.  You can find me over on my blog, Soapbox Creations.  A big thank you to Tracey for the invitation to spend the month of February with this amazingly talented group of ladies!  

_______________________________

This week we have some colours for you to try! You must use the colours and create your card in one of the styles of the designers. 

The styles are explained HERE.



Clean & Simple

Tracey McNeely 



I used the soft pinks and white sequins as a background so the solid heart could take centre stage.



By keeping my balloons to one side this kept my card CAS.

Laurie Willison (Guest Designer)


I focused on all the shades of pink in the photo.  I love the flowers and how they range in all shades of pink.


Clean & Graphic




I focused on one item (the ribbon) and repeated it to keep this graphic card clean.



My card was inspired by the gorgeous flowers in the vase and how beautifully the petals 'nested' together.


Clean & Layering



I was inspired by the beautiful vase of pink flowers. If you're going monochromatic, it should be pink right ? ;)




I was inspired to use the floral DSP by the pretty pink flowers in the vase of the inspiration photo.


Shabby Chic

Narelle Farrugia 



The inspiration for my card from the vase of pink roses in the inspiration picture as well as a smidge of green from the background.




 I {heart} PINK!  I was inspired by the lovely flowers, ribbon, mixy matchy collectables in the hutch and beautiful antique chair!



Freestyle Collage

Karen Davis 



Pink and this cute Chickadee stamp, I thought they were a perfect match.



I was inspired by the papers i choose.After i saw these little cute elephants,i knew i wanted to use this adorable elephant die...of course in pink! :) And since this is reather a card for a little one,i will give this to my 9 year old on Valentines day!

Classy & Elegant




I focused on the overall soft feeling I got from the photo.  I used embossing, a die cut flourish, a sparkly button and I framed my image for an elegant look.



Nothing says elegant like pearls, lace and a swirly sentiment.



Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday, February 17th at Noon (PST).

11 comments:

  1. Such fabulous cards by the DT...I'm always so inspired by their work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration and fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a great challenge, the samples by the DT are amazing, thank you for the inspiration :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this blog, it feels like home... Every and any style is welcome, and it is so organized and well done! Love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I can't believe all of the amazing cards on here. I am way out of my league! Thanks to ALL of the participants for your inspiring work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to have the talented Laurie for this challenge! All of your inspiration pieces are so happy and so creative! Thank you for another fun challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH!!! I'm in heaven! All of these fabulous cards are in PINK! So gorgeous! I cant even choose a favorite! This is just amazing! Can you tell that pink is my favorite color?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many pretty cards from the DT, love all of the pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. I chanced upon your blog and my what beautiful creations by the DT and the contestants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards from the DT, loving the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very interesting challenge, true! and thanks for the opportunity to find out something new! :) cheers, arteKatie

    ReplyDelete