Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Card Concept #5 {Colour Inspiration}

Welcome to The Card Concept. 

This week we have some colours for you to try! You must use the colours and create your card in one of the styles of the designers. This month our Guest Designer is Lesley Croghan. She is joining the Classy & Elegant Designers. Lesley is the creator of The Card Concept, has a keen eye for design and she is a fabulous designer herself. Welcome, Lesley!







The styles are explained HERE.


Clean & Simple


Tracey McNeely 

tracey_CC5

Spray ink can be used on a CAS card and long as it is used in moderation.



I was inspired by the contrast of the brown on the green.


Clean & Graphic


Ardyth Percy-Robb


Add dimension and interest to a simple focal point by 'shading' with darker ink!


Geri Greening


My card was inspired by the colors in the photo & the graphic pattern created by the sticks of the yummy cake pops!


Clean & Layering



When I saw these colors, I immediately thought they would make a wonderful "guy" card!



I was inspired by the photo to make lime the main color with accents of Espresso & White


Shabby Chic



I took the colours Early Espresso & Gumball Green from the inspiration picture to create my shabby 
flowery creation.

Debbie Marcinkiewicz


I took inspiration from the shapes of the cake pops ... they looked like pretty blooms lined up in a row, so I recreated one using a paper flower, glitter chipboard leaves and a fun paper straw for the stem!


Freestyle Collage



This colour combination inspired a birthday theme for me. The large green '50' was my starting point and I 'Freestyled' from there.

Cindy Lovell 



First thing i thought of,was some sort of flowers when i saw the colors.So i choose my flower first and went from there.


Classy & Elegant


Lesley Croghan (Guest Designer)


I was drawn to the fresh colours and the lines of the sticks...so I used an embossing folder to mimic them.


I was inspired by the gorgeous green contrasted with the white and dark brown.  The swirls on the candies inspired me to use a flourished template.

Cathy Weber


I was inspired by the decadent chocolate color and circular shape of the yummy treats.


Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!

This challenge will end on Monday, March 17 at Noon (PST).

6 comments:

  1. Why do I always think of food with these challenges? Maybe coz I'm always on a worthless diet! I love the thought of a cup of espresso in a bright white cup and a piece of key lime pie! I kill myself doing these visuals, lol!!

    Okay, enough about me, your sympathy card is a study in elegance and thoughtfulness, Lesley! Brilliant work as always and great to have you as GD!! The rest of the team has outdone themselves as well; so much delectable inspiration!! Delectable, there I go again ...! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun color palette! I truly want to sample every single one of those cake pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is an original colour combo - I'll have to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craving cake pops ever since I spied your challenge, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge! The DT cards are all very inspiring! The color scheme, did challenge me, because I was on a vintage, floral mood this week! :) But I love to be part of this week's challenge and I enjoy your blog greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome color combo and fabulous inspiration photo!!! Thanks for such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete