Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Challenge #8 - Use an Umbrella

Welcome to The Card Concept. 

This week we have a theme for you to try! You must use the theme and create your card in one of the styles of the designers. 


Lee Ann is off this challenge, so Lesley is subbing in for her. 




The styles are explained HERE.


Clean & Simple


Paper Piecing can really make an image pop in CAS design.



You can still add a stamped pattern and keep it CAS.


Clean & Graphic

Ardyth Percy-Robb


A monochromatic colour scheme always feels clean!


Faux stitching 'plays nicely' with a clean & graphic card.




Clean & Layering




I had to go with a summer beach umbrella. I'm needing some sunshine and warmth here ;)

Kerin Sylvester


I was inspired to incorporate umbrella DSP, as well as make an umbrella of my own.


Shabby Chic


I didn't quite capture the many colours from the umbrellas in the inspiration pic, but I did manage to add an umbrella!

I was inspired to create a sweet little something full of layers, vintage lace, satin blooms and glittered raindrops for this week's challenge!


Freestyle Collage



My rain Umbrella needed a few puffy clouds and a few spots of rain......sunshine on its way.

Cindy Lovell 


I loved the idea,of letting little hearts rain, after I choose the sentiment for this card.


Classy & Elegant


Cathy Weber


How about an umbrella mobile for the elegant baby?

Lesley Croghan


I wanted to create an umbrella card that was all about being happy!

~ off this week ~
Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!

This challenge will end on Monday, April 28 at Noon (PST).


3 comments:

  1. Love the theme for this challenge! Great samples from the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that the DT is soooooooooo talented! You all blow me away every time! So impressed!!!!!! I amy not always have time to play along...but let me say I always stop by!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an umbrella season, love all the umbrellas, each and every one is unique.

    ReplyDelete