Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Card Concept #37-The Butterfly Effect

Welcome to The Card Concept! Each week we offer up a challenge for you to try, and we hope that you will create a card in one of the styles we have offered here.  The team is divided into the different styles and each designer explains how they were inspired by the challenge!  So come and join us and try your hand at a brand new "style" of card making or work in your comfort zone, it is totally up to you!



Feel free to use any of the styles of our team or better yet, share you own style by combining one or more of the styles. We want you to have fun and make a card in a style that you feel good about!

The styles are explained HERE.


The designers have entered their cards below and they have explained the style they used and the way they were inspired...


June Clean and Graphic Guest Designer


Hannelie Bester 

This month we are focusing on Clean and Graphic designs. Clean & Graphic Designs are unmistakable--clear and to the point, minimal frill, images and lines that are bold and striking.  For the month of June we have talented Hannelie Bester joining us from across the globe. If you haven't visited her blog, Dessert Diva, you are in for a treat. Her designs stand out and pop off the page, always clean and simple with a graphic twist. We are thrilled to have the very sweet Hannelie joining us this month.




Clean & Simple

Kristie Goulet

 I was inspired by the amazing yellow and orange butterfly in the photo.



Sandie Munro


I was inspired by the green and blue butterfly

Clean & Graphic

Geri Greening


I love all the pretty colors but chose to focus on a single color!
I was inspired by the blended colors and the white details.

Clean & Layered

Kerin Sylvester
I was inspired by the rainbow of colors!

I was inspired by the colors and butterflies!

Shabby Chic


I took inspiration from all of those fabulous colours from the inspiration picture and I threw in a butterfly just to finish off my card.

Debbie Marcinkiewicz
I was inspired by the rainbow palette and the white icing -- looks like white embossing!


Freestyle Collage

Laura Jane
The Bold Bright colors were so inspiring!

Cindy Lovell
(off this week)

Classy & Elegant

Sheri Gilson
I was inspired by the beautiful butterflies and the color teal.

Vicki Burdick




I was inspired by the beautiful purples and white in the photo.


Mixed Media
Yoonsun Hur
 I am so in love with those beautiful colours and butterflies!

Julie Gearinger
I was inspired by the butterflies in the blues, purples and pinks

Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!

This challenge will end on Monday, June 22 at Noon (PST).




9 comments:

  1. Well this is my first time here and I was so focused on colors and getting the concept right that even though I loved the butterflies I see I forgot to get one on my card. I've said in the past that I'm not the do over girl and I see today I haven't changed. If you need to delete me that's o.k. and I'll try again on the next challenge. I'm a pretty quick learner so I think I'll get it right next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to use a butterfly, Beverly! It's how you are inspired by the photo that matters. Thanks for playing along with us!

      Delete
  2. I noticed in the rules that I'm suppose to comment on the card in front of me and behind me. So, I tried to comment on the one before me, but it's a link to Split Coast Stampers, where I'm not a member, so I couldn't leave a comment. Sorry! I left a bunch of other comments on other cards in the link list, though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous inspiration from the design team, loved this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH a compelling photo this time!! And how wonderful to have my very talented friend Hannelie as your Guest Designer!! Each card for each style is a magnificent interpretation of the photo!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I just noticed that I have entered more than the total of three challenges you allow, sorry about that. It's a shame it's so limiting because none of the other challenges compete with yours and I've already linked my card to those blogs. I really had fun with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed playing along with your challenge for the first time! Great inspiration photo and DT cards. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great challenge and I just love that inspirational photo!! :)

    ReplyDelete