Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Card Concept #41 {Autumn Neutrals}

Welcome to The Card Concept! Each week we offer up a challenge for you to try, and we hope that you will create a card in one of the styles we have offered here.  The team is divided into the different styles and each designer explains how they were inspired by the challenge!  So come and join us and try your hand at a brand new "style" of card making or work in your comfort zone, it is totally up to you!


Feel free to use any of the styles of our team or better yet, share you own style by combining one or more of the styles. We want you to have fun and make a card in a style that you feel good about!

The styles are explained HERE.

This month we are thrilled to have Diane Jaquay joining us as a Guest Designer in the Freestyle Collage category! We ask Diane to share a bit about herself!


I live in Lancaster County, PA with my husband and 2 wonderful kids.  My son is currently away at college, and I home school my daughter.  When I'm not working with her, you'll most often find me creating!  I love making cards, and occasionally mixed media canvases.  In addition to crafting I love to read and travel.  I'm so happy to be a guest this month at The Card Concept!  


The designers have entered their cards below and they have explained the style they used and the way they were inspired...

Clean & Simple

Sandie Munro


I was inspired by the concept I saw in this photo plus the colours.



Debbie Petersen
I was inspired by the pumpkins and the neutral colors.


Clean & Graphic


Alison Barclay

Shannon McComb


I was inspired by the white pumpkins!

Clean & Layered

Kerin Sylvester
I was inspired to create a white pumpkin with a shabby background.

Laurie Schmidt
I was inspired by the colors and pumpkins.


Shabby Chic

Debbie Marcinkiewicz
 I was inspired by the white pumpkins from the shabby, monochromatic color palette!


Deanne Kay

My inspiration came from the colours, pumpkins, and wood grain.

Freestyle Collage

Laura Jane
Going for Neutrals here:)

Michele K. Henderson


I was inspired by the collection of the large and tiny pumpkins, and the faded fence.


Classy & Elegant

I was inspired by the pumpkins and the wood fence Background.

Mackie



I was inspired by the gorgeous neutrals


Mixed Media

Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!

This challenge will end on Monday,October 19 at Noon (PST).


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration and for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, thanks and congrats to all the others! the card concept rocks!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete