Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Card Concept # 46 {A Warm Heart}

Welcome to The Card Concept! Happy New Year! We are so happy to be back and look forward to seeing how you are inspired! Before we get onto the first challenge of the year, I am happy to announce that Sheri Gilson is re-joining the team! Welcome back, Sheri! We are sad to say farewell to Vicki Burdick and we wish her all the best! I l know she will be playing along when she is able! Thank you for all of your hard work, Vicki!

I asked Sheri to share a bit about herself...


Hi! My name is Sheri and I live in Northern California with my husband of 21 years and our 15 year old son. I’m a SAHM who loves to create. I was first introduced to stamping just before the birth of my son and have never stopped. Thank you so much, Lesley, for for asking me to join the DT in the Classy & Elegant category!! I'm super honored to be here.

Each week we offer up a challenge for you to try, and we hope that you will create a card in one of the styles we have offered here.  The team is divided into the different styles and each designer explains how they were inspired by the challenge!  So come and join us and try your hand at a brand new "style" of card making or work in your comfort zone, it is totally up to you!


Feel free to use any of the styles of our team or better yet, share you own style by combining one or more of the styles. We want you to have fun and make a card in a style that you feel good about!

The styles are explained HERE.


The designers have entered their cards below and they have explained the style they used and the way they were inspired...


Clean & Simple

Sandie Munro

I was inspired by the chocolate, colours and love theme.

Debbie Petersen

I was inspired by the colors, the cup and the heart.

Clean & Graphic

Alison Barclay 
I was inspired by the colours and the heart theme. 


Shannon McComb
I was inspired by the colors and the coffee mug.


Clean & Layered
Kerin Sylvester
I was inspired by the mittens!

Laurie Schmidt
The colors and pattern on the mittens inspired me!

Shabby Chic
The colours, heart, and hot beverage inspired me.

Freestyle Collage
Laura Jane
I was inspired by the knit mittens and Heart. 

Michele K. Henderson

I just love that bright red mug and the texture!

Classy & Elegant

Sheri Gilson

 I was inspired by the heart and color blue.
  
Mackie
I was inspired by the mittens, heart and the colors!

Mixed Media

Julie Gearinger
I was inspired by the texture and chocolate :-)
Lilian Forsyth
I was inspired by the colors: red and brown, and the heart.
Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky if possible. Everyone loves comments!

This challenge will end on Monday, January 18th at Noon (PST).


8 comments:

  1. Wow, fabulous samples by your very talented DT! TFS girls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some gorgeous cards!! πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

    ReplyDelete
  3. iful samples ,all of them!
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I am playing along with a Classy & Elegant style tonight. Getting ready for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to have found your challenge blog! All of the samples are beautiful and so inspiring...I pulled out a long forgotten set to playing along! Looking forward to many more fun challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, so many amazing entries for this month's challenge. The judge's are going to have a really tough time on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful inspirations! Made my entry in the very last minute!!

    ReplyDelete