Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Card Concept #53 {Bright & Fresh}

Welcome to The Card Concept! Before we get to our next challenge, we have some news to share. Debbie Petersen, one of our Clean & Simple designers is stepping down. She will be greatly missed! Thank you so much, Debbie for your dedication to the team! We loved getting to know you! We wish you all the best with your endeavors! 

Stepping in for Debbie, is a new Clean & Simple designer for our team. We are happy to welcome, Rahmat. I asked Rahmat to share a little about herself.

  
Hi I am Rahmat, I live in the Las Vegas of Asia - Macau. A crafter since childhood, started with embroidery and then moved onto paper crafting. I started blogging about 2 years back, and got more and more into card making since then. I am a mother to 2 teens, a teacher by profession, but currently doing substitute teaching. Besides card making, I also enjoy cooking, and give lessons for free on Indian cooking. I love CAS mostly, but I do love to try out different techniques from time to time.


This month we are featuring Wendy Ramlakhan as our Guest! 
She is featuring the Clean & Layered style! 

My name is Wendy Ramlakhan and I am the owner of SugarPea Designs, a family operated clear stamp boutique specializing in the SWEETEST stamps on the market.  After many years of working as a designer for various stamp companies, teaching my own Copic instruction classes and having my work published in several trade magazines – I decided to take a leap of faith and live out my passion for stamping and paper crafting and launch my own stamp company.  “Sugar Pea” is a nickname I gave to my daughter when she was an infant and that I still call her to this day.  So it seemed only natural to use the name for my company since my children are my biggest inspiration.  You can find me at SugarPea Designs or theSugarPea Designs Facebook page.


This week we have a colourful inspiration story! Of course, you do not have to use these exact colours but they are there if you want! We want you to inspired by any part of the photo!

Feel free to use any of the styles of our team or better yet, share you own style by combining one or more of the styles. We want you to have fun and make a card in a style that you feel good about!

The styles are explained HERE.


The designers have entered their cards below and they have explained the style they used and the way they were inspired...

Wendy Ramlakhan
(Clean & Layered Guest Designer)


"I was inspired by the bright and fresh colors"


Clean & Simple


I was inspired by the flowers and the colors

Clean & Graphic

Clean & Layered

Laurie Schmidt
I was inspired by the bright colors and flowers.


Shabby Chic

I was inspired by the colors, the sweet floral print and the scalloped trim.

My inspiration came from the colours and flowers.

Freestyle Collage
Laura Jane
I was inspired by the pretty crochet border.

Michele K. Henderson


I was inspired by the flowers and the color palette.

Classy & Elegant

Sheri Gilson
 I was inspired by the flowers and hint of soft colors.

Mackie

I was inspired by the colors and the flowers!

Mixed Media

Julie Gearinger
I was inspired by the bright colors and summer feel. 


I was inspired by flowers and colors.

Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!

This challenge will end on Monday, April 25th at Noon (PST).


6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to be guest designing with this fabulous team!! Thanks for having me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...congratulations rahmat !! :)
    Loved all the beautiful inspirations from all the lovely ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the team, Rahmat, and thank you for joining us this week too Wendy! Both of your creations are gorgeous!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to be part of the Card Concept team :D , looking forward to work with all you wonderful girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I missed the deadline but here is the link to my card if anyone would like to see it: http://anounceofcreativity.blogspot.com/2016/04/hello-friend.html
    Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete