Wednesday, February 15, 2017

CC #67- {Vintage}

Welcome to The Card Concept!  Every two weeks we post our inspiration photo challenge and we hope you will join in with us and create a card for our challenge gallery.  Feel free to use any of the styles we have defined or create your won with a combination of styles.  We want you to have fun with our inspiration!

Before we show you our inspiration photo for this week, we are sad to announce that Rahmat Gouse will be stepping down from The Card Concept Design Team due to family commitments.  We love Rahmat’s style and know that she will continue to amaze us in the future with her talent.  If you have a chance to stop by Rahmat's blog, please let her know that you will miss her!

Here is our current inspiration challenge: 



Our design team members will also be selecting a styles and will explain how they were inspired by the challenge.  So come and join us!  We'd love you to try your hand at a brand new style of card making or feel free to work in your comfort zone.  It is totally up to you!

The styles are explained HERE. 

Now for the design team and their inspiration:


Becca's Inspiration: I decided to make a mixed media card and created a faux leather background based on the image, but was also inspired by the scrawling text and the heart in the foreground. 



Karen's Inspiration- I was so inspired by this gorgeous vintage image  from the fabric heart, the vintage colors and the script feature for my slightly Shabby card. 



Julie's Inspiration- I was inspired by the script, colors and touches of gold for my Shabby Chic Mixed Media card.


Michele's Inspiration: I loved the idea of a romantic secret diary and was inspired by the script, the gold foil touches and the heart in my freestyle collage card.



Maureen's Inspiration: I was inspired by the neutral colours and the heart while making my vintage/shabby chic style card. 





Susan's Inspiration: I was inspired by the heart, the script and the colors to make my shabby chic and vintage card. 



Mackie's Inspiration: My mixed media/vintage card was inspired by the heart and the scripted background.


Laurie's Inspiration: I was inspired by the colors to create this vintage card.


Julee's Inspiration: I was inspired by the heart and the colors for this vintage/mixed media creation.

Our Rules:

1.  Use the challenge inspiration to create a card.
2.  Use one of the challenge styles to create a card (or if you prefer, combine a few styles).
3.  Explain in a post which style or combination of styles you used.
4.  Link your post using our linky (please link to the actual post on your blog and not just your blog).
5.  Comment on the cards ahead of you and behind you in the linky.  Everyone loves comments!

This challenge will close on 
Monday, February 27th at 12:00 pm EST.


3 comments:

  1. I will miss being on the DT here, but had to step down to take things bit slow. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Thank you Lesley and Julie!
    I will try to join in as participant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the wonderful samples and for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a lovely sketch as usual. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete