Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Challenge 1 - Colours (Jan. 8)

Welcome to the brand new challenge blog The Card Concept!

We have been preparing for this day for months and we are so excited to share the inaugural challenge with you!

This is a bi-weekly challenge blog, which features 12 designers and 6 different styles.

Each designer has their own "style" of design and they explain how they were inspired by the challenge.

The styles are divided into 6 style themes:
  • Clean & Simple (CAS)
  • Clean & Layered
  • Clean & Graphic
  • Freestyle Collage
  • Shabby Chic
  • Classy & Elegant

We would love you to come and play with us. This week we have some colours for you to try! You must use the colours and create your card in one of the styles of the designers. 

The styles are explained HERE.


Clean & Simple


tracey_CC1

Inspired by these colours I made a smaller card, with a smaller image adding enamel dots for interest without clutter.



My card is inspired by the softness of these beautiful colors together.


Clean & Graphic




Use lightest and darkest colours the most to create high contrast and really pack a graphic punch!


My design was inspired by the pretty cornices on the buildings in the inspiration photo


Clean & Layering



I couldn't help but think of flowers when I saw this beautiful color scheme. I alternated layering elements in the different colors, then added the pretty layered flower on top.




I was inspired by the softer shades of the challenge, and thought this sweet little girl fit those colors nicely. 


Shabby Chic


This colour combo is one of my favourites. These delicate pink flowers popped into my when I saw it.

Debbie Marcinkiewicz 



Whenever I hear pink, I think 'flowers', so this week I was inspired to create with lots of pink and florals!  The dress form shape reminded me of the tall buildings in the photo!


Freestyle Collage




I was inspired by the buildings because I have them as stamps and dies, and by the pink which I enjoyed using in this setting.

Cindy Lovell 



Because of the Pink,the first thing that came to my mind was Love,so created a Love themed card,with hearts and the pink background

Teresa Kline (Guest Designer)
I was inspired by the different textures, shapes, and of course the colors in the photo.


Classy & Elegant




I used this elegant flourished image as a base for my butterfly.  Placing the pink butterfly on a dark brown base allowed the butterfly to pop.


Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday, January 20th at Noon (PST).


26 comments:

  1. WOW! Stunning DT creations. Each one is so different and totally inspiring.
    Such a wonderful idea for a challenge, thank you so much!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love all those different approaches. This might very well become my favourite challenge blog. Now all I need to do is create something with those colours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Love what the Design Team has created...so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may just help me narrow down my style. Such a great idea for a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how exciting!!! Cannot wait to really challenge myself to step outside of my comfort zone and play along with you ladies :) Beautiful cards and FABulous team here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my every card is so beautiful what talent you have on board here. I so love all the inspiration and I am going to give this a go

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun to see all the styles in one place and all beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big congrats on the debut of this new challenge!! The DT work is out of this world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super new challenge style, love the designer teams' cards and I think it's a fantastic idea to comment on before and after bloggers cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome challenge, awesome DT samples! So fun to see the different categories!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous inspiration samples and so fun to see all the different styles! Love this challenge concept!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the new challenge - terrific inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! It's HERE! I'm so happy this is up and running now...ALL of the DT cards are amazing and I am so excited to see a site that challenges us to make cards that may be outside our "usual" style. I'm definitely playing along! Great color inspiration photo...and amazing interpretations, ladies! Way to wow us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous first challenge and first inspiration from the team...I sure hope I get the time to play along...why does work have to get in the way of fun! Great job ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your new challenge blog and on the wonderful participation! I made TWO cards right off the bat to try and help spread the word! You ladies are among my card heroes and your cards are incredible!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards by the DT. Some great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely loving the DT's beautiful cards - thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow the DT did came up with some beautiful card! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cards are beautiful, and the challenge is fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful colors for this first challenge - looking forward to what else you have planned for us! Love all the DT samples, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just learned about your challenge! Love it and your definitions of the different styles! Hopefully we get time to link up!
    Hugs, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Here is my card. I believe it is clean and layered. I have never linked something like this so I hope I am doing it correctly.

    http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj87/christianscrappergal/January%202014/flower.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so excited to see your posts each week. How fun is it to post your work and get feedback. I love the whimsical layout of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful new "card challenge".Beautiful examples form the DT, and already so many fabulous entires :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the DT examples..I also love the idea of commenting on other entries. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Many thanks for your kind comments.
    I'm very excited about your challenge blog.
    love greetings, Sabine

    ReplyDelete