Welcome to The Card Concept.
This week we would like you to add some texture to your card! You must use the texture and create your card in one of the styles of the designers.
The styles are explained HERE.
Clean & Simple
I was inspired to recreate the scene using texture and dimension through dry and heat embossing while still keeping true to my CAS style.
Clean & Graphic
Choose two or three elements to focus on from your inspiration to create a graphic card!
Using sandpaper in a masculine design is an interesting way to add texture to a card.
Clean & Layering
When I saw the word texture, I immediately thought of the Perler beads that my daughter and I have been playing around with lately. I used one of my little beaded creations for the texture on my card.
I was inspired by the red and white of the house for my card, and chose this stamp because the tree trunk reminded me of the wood texture of the roof.
The texture of the shingled roof reminded me of burlap and the colours of my card were based on the colours from the inspiration pic.
I was very inspired by the colour contrast between the house and the greenery, and the challenge requirement to use Texture.
Teresa Kline (Guest Designer)
Classy & Elegant
- Use the Challenge to create a card.
- Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
- Explain in your post which style you used.
- Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
- Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday, February 3rd at Noon (PST).