Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Card Concept #64- Pretty Things

Happy New Year!!  Welcome to The Card Concept!  Every two weeks we post our inspiration photo challenge and hope you will join in with us by creating a card for our challenge gallery.  Please feel free to use any of the styles we have defined or create your own with a combination of styles.  We want you to have fun with our inspiration!



Our design team members will also be selecting a style and will explain how they were inspired by the challenge.  So come and join us!  We'd love for you to try your hand at a brand new style of card making or feel free to work in your comfort zone.  It is totally up to you!

The styles are explained HERE.

Now for the design team and their inspiration:

Becca's Inspiration- I loved the idea of mixing gold patterns and black & white patterns. I also loved the pink flowers that softened the overall feel of the picture.

Karen's Inspiration- I loved this image and was so inspired by the gold stripes, the black irregular dots, the peonies and the black keys. I believe this card falls in the Classy and Elegant category.

Julie's Inspiration- I just love the gold, white and black elements in our challenge photo and decided to incorporate them into my Parisian Postcard "Freestyle Collage-Mixed Media" card.

Michele’s Inspiration- For my Freestyle Collage card, I wanted to bring in rich, luxe gold tones, dots, a splash of pink and of course, a kitty! What could be prettier?

Maureen’s Inspiration- My Clean and Layered card was inspired by the "hello lovely," the flowers and the black and white and gold and white patterns.

Susan’s Inspiration- I was inspired by the colors, the flowers and the word hello to make this CAS card.

 Rahmat’s Inspiration- I was inspired by the colors, the flowers for my CAS card.

Mackie’s Inspiration- I was inspired by the gold, black and pink colors for my Classy & Elegant style card.

Laurie’s Inspiration- I was inspired by the pink, black and grey colors in the photo.

Julee Tilman
(taking off for this challenge- please stop by and say "hi") 

Jennifer's Inspiration- I was inspired by the gold plus the pink flowers for my Clean and Graphic card.


Our Rules:

1.  Use the challenge inspiration to create a card.
2.  Use one of the challenge styles to create a card (or if you prefer, combine a few styles).
3.  Explain in a post which style or combination of styles you used.
4.  Link your post using our linky (please link to the actual post on your blog and not just your blog).
5.  Comment on the cards ahead of you and behind you in the linky.  Everyone loves comments!


This challenge will close on Monday, January 16th at 3:00 pm Eastern Time.

5 comments:

  1. Wow what amazing inspiration...Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,if I do not have a blog, can I link it to my Facebook page once i create the card and upload it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous inspirational photo! and the design team samples are super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I did not know how to delete the image I did not want to enter...Robyn

    ReplyDelete