Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Happy September and Welcome to our 2017-2018 Design Team!


Happy September and welcome back to The Card Concept!  We are so excited to start up our challenge season again tomorrow 09/06/17 at 8 am EDT!  

Before we begin our new challenge season, we are sad to announce that Veroncia Zalis will be stepping down from the  Design Team.  Veronica is very active with her family as well as the Inspired By All The Little Things Challenge site so we know that we will see her lovely artwork there as well as on her blog.  We will miss her inspiration here at The Card Concept and wish her all the best!

We are thrilled to announce a newest member to our
Design Team, Ruth Andrews.
  

Hello! I'm Ruth, an exiled Scot living in England. I started card making in September 2014 when a craft shop opened in my town. I decided to start blogging to record my journey and it's all rather spiraled from there! I LOVE any kind of crafting and whilst card making is my main addiction at the moment, I've started sewing again and occasionally dabble in mixed media. I'm married to a very understanding man and am a SAHM to two little girls who won't stop growing and asking questions - crafting is my escape. Excited to join the Card Concept and to try out different styles!

Ruth will be starting with our new challenge tomorrow along with the rest of our 2017-2018 Design Team:


I've been crafting ever since I discovered how to attach glitter to paper! You'll frequently find me with ink all over my hands because I LOVE working with messy products - especially Ranger Distress products. I am the owner of Damsel of Distressed Cards in Grand Forks, ND and teach card making and mixed media art classes. I also design stamps for STAMPlorations. My card designs are very eclectic and my favorite way to create is by layering and incorporating mixed media.


Hi Everyone!  I'm Vicki — a wife, mom and Mimi to 12 grandkids.  I am also Puppy Mom to Holly Noelle and Reese Mackenna, my two little Yorkies.  My hubby and I have been married for more than 33 years. I started out as a scrapbooker and Creative Memories Consultant in 1997. I dabbled in cardmaking a tiny little bit until May of 2015. Once I started my blog, Twinkling Paper Studio, on August 1st of 2015, I was "All In". I give a lot of "how to" information on my blog so that you can try to recreate a similar project if you like. My style is generally Classic and Elegant and usually pretty clean as well.  I hope I can inspire you in some way when you are creating. 


Hi, my name is Julie Gearinger and I live in Frederick, Maryland, with my wonderful husband of 34+ years and our two beautiful "fur-babies".  I have been artistic since childhood and in 1999 attended my first Stampin' Up! workshop.  I started creating cards more seriously in 2010 and love designing in a variety of styles.  I am so honored to be part of The Card Concept Design Team and hope I can inspire you!  


Hello….my name is Kim Heggins, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area with my hubby of almost 26 years and 25 year old daughter.  I am so excited to be part of this incredible team.  I am a preschool program director/teacher and soon to be retired teacher, can't wait!   I started making cards when my daughter was born, I made her birth announcements and have not looked back. I love to sew, bake, scrapbook, quilt, cross stitch and making cards. I have a very supportive hubby and spend most of my free time in my Mickey Mouse themed craft room, I love everything Disney. My style is pretty much CAS with a twist, I love bright colors and just started using Copics and having so much fun!



Hi! My name is Michele. I am a northern transplant to a sweet Southern town here in the deep South. My husband and I, along with our four feline fur babies live in steamy Alabama where we love Southern style barbecue and Crimson Tide football! I've been artsy all my life but started card making a few years ago and fell in love with this wonderful crafting community. I love working with layers of paper and color and am thrilled to be part of The Card Concept Design Team!



Hi! I'm Nancy Penir, and I'm overjoyed to be part of one of my favorite challenges, The Card Concept! Married, mom of 5, and grandmother of 11 darlings; 6 boys, 5 girls. I'd like to say my life's slowed down with an empty nest, but I've filled it with crafting! I love making cards, sewing, keeping up the garden, (we live on 2 1/2 acres), raising chickens, and watching it all grow! I've found the most wonderful community of talent and kindness through all of you. Nurturing our connection is my passion! Style? Making layers and patterns all work on a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" canvas!



 I am a St. Patrick's day baby from Beautiful British Columbia, Canada with a passion for card making. When I'm not in the studio, I'm a Grade One elementary teacher, happy wife to Tony, proud mom to Jake, and loving Grandmoe to Ashlynn and Beckham.  I am honoured to be part of The Card Concept Design team

Hi there! My name is Susan. I live in a small town in Beautiful British Columbia, Canada with my husband of 25 years and one of our daughters (who is getting ready to go off to University). Our other daughter left a few years ago and is almost finished her schooling. There aren't any craft stores where I live but thankfully there's the internet or I'd go crazy. My husband and my kids would tell you that's not a long trip - haha. By day I'm an Education Assistant in the town high school (we only have one) and by night I'm a stamper. I love all styles of cardmaking but usually find myself gravitating towards the CAS style.  I'm super excited to be part of The Card Concept Design Team!


Hi all!  My name is Angel and I am from Louisiana but live just north of San Antonio, TX with my hubby of over 22 years and the two youngest of our three boys (19, 16, and 13). I started out as a scrapbooker way back in 1998 (decorative-edged scissors, anyone??), then slowly moved over to card making about 11 years ago.  I feel my style is mostly Clean And Simple (CAS) but every now and then I get a bit fancier ;)  I am thrilled to be part of The Card Concept Design Team!


Hello! My name is Mackie Robertson! I am so excited to be part of The Card Concept Challenge team!! Here is a little background about me. I have a very understanding husband, a grown son, a dog and cat. I am a retired Dental Hygienist, but I still work in my dental office as the dental hygiene practice manager. I went to my first Stampin' Up party about 10 years ago and I have been inky ever since! I love ALL styles of stamping...from CAS to Mixed Media. If I'm not in my craft room creating something, then I am on Pinterest or Blogland looking at other's creations for inspiration! I am currently on the design team for Paper Sweeties.  I just love it!  I started my blog to share my creations, and to hopefully inspire others to join this wonderful art form! Happy Stamping!

We hope that all of you will stop back tomorrow at 8 am EDT and join us with our new challenge!!

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to a new season of The Card Concept and excited to see that my blogging buddy Ruth is joining the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Ruth! and welcome back to your fabulous team! I can't wait to start playing cards with you girls again!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all my favorite Bloggers on this team!!! WOW - it will be a pleasure to see all your wonderfully inspiring projects! Can't wait for the first challenge to start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a talented line up of design team members!!!

    ReplyDelete