Monday, July 6, 2020

The Card Concept- Introducing Our Summer Team!

Welcome to The Card Concept!  

We are so excited to announce that we will be continuing our bi-weekly challenge with a few of our Designers for the summer- woohoo!!

We normally take a break from our challenges at the end of June to give our Design Team the summer off, but this year, several of our Designers wanted to keep the fun going all summer long!  

With the pandemic and so many of us still staying at home, we hope that you will be inspired to create a card based on our challenges and join us!

Here is a group shot our our Summer Design Team and 
we have a short bio for each of our designers below....




Esther Asbury
Hello, my name is Esther and I live in the beautiful state of Virginia with my husband, daughter, and two spoiled rotten dogs. I've enjoyed many different hobbies over the years, but have recently narrowed my interest to mainly card-making/paper-crafts. I don't really have one definable style but instead enjoy trying new techniques and experimenting with different products. I hope my work will inspire you to be yourself and create beauty in your own unique way!

Hi! My name is Lesley and I live in Canada with my family. I’ve been crafting since 2007 and began blogging in 2009. I love to watercolour and I tend to create more clean and layered cards. I love playing with paper and ink!



Hi Everyone!  I’m Julie- I live in Maryland with my wonderful husband of 37+ years and our beautiful "fur-baby", Victoria.  I have been artistic all of my life and love creating cards, sewing, painting and recently, vintage junk journals!  Since I love to experiment, my style tends to be a bit eclectic. Hopefully I will inspire you to create a card and join us!


Hi! My name is Michele. I have traded winter snow for some year-long sandy beaches here on Florida's Atlantic coast! My husband and I, along with our feline fur babies have found a new home here in tropical Florida where we love the beautiful beaches and the year-round golf! I've been artsy all my life but started card making a few years ago and fell in love with this wonderful crafting community. I love working with layers of paper and color and am thrilled to stamping along with all of you!


Hi! I'm Nancy Penir, and I'm overjoyed to be part of my favorite challenges, The Card Concept! Married, mom of 5, and grandmother of 11 darlings; 6 boys, 5 girls. I'd like to say my life's slowed down with an empty nest, but I've filled it with crafting! I love making cards, sewing, keeping up the garden, (we live on 2 1/2 acres), raising chickens, and watching it all grow! I've found the most wonderful community of talent and kindness through all of you. Nurturing our connection is my passion! Style? Making layers and patterns all work on a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" canvas!


 I'm a fun-loving, dance party enthusiast living in rural Ontario that fills my time with creativity! My two children keep me busy with their interests and my husband and I enjoy geocaching with them. I'm an avid reader and lead the book club at our local library. My cardmaking style adapts to whatever mood I'm in. I range from feeling comfortable creating clean, bold designs with pops of colour and sparkle, to lots of layers and fussier designs. I enjoy creating felt flower creations and spray-painting and adding glitter to anything in our house the family will allow.


Anita Trippi
Hi crafting friends! My name is Anita and I am so excited to be part of The Card Concept team. I am originally from Buffalo, NY but have lived for the last 11 years in Durham, North Carolina. I have been married to my best friend for 44 years, We have 3 daughters and 2 grandchildren. Through the years I have been a Decorative Painter and quilter. That love of color translates now into card making! I enjoy mixed media with a somewhat clean and simple style. Let's see what we can create together!


Hello, I am Betty. I am thrilled to design for The Card Concept Challenge. Inspiration Challenges are my favorite.  I live in North Carolina with my husband, Greg, and our two cats. I am a high school English teacher. I have two children. My daughter Erica is a nurse, and my son Dawson is in college. I feel I have always done some sort of crafting since I was a kid. However, I really started paper crafting when I was a stay at home mom. I started scrapbooking our memories which led to cardmaking. 
We are so excited to get started with our summer session!  

Please stop back this Wednesday, July 8th at 8 am EDT to check out our Design Team cards along with our first summer inspiration photo challenge! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for plowing on thru the summer!! We all appreciate the work that you do to help keep us crafters inspired!!

    ReplyDelete