Wednesday, January 19, 2022

The Card Concept #167 {Cuppa Cocoa or Coffee?}

          Welcome to The Card Concept !

For those of you who are new to our challenge, every two weeks we will post our inspiration photo challenge and hope that you will join us by creating a card for our challenge gallery.  


Just a reminder, our inspiration photo is exactly that- a starting point for inspiration. Will it be the colors, the overall theme, the texture, the actual items and/or something else that will inspire your card? 





Choose a design style (or combine styles), create a card, and in your blog post, let us know what inspired you from the photo, what style and/or styles you chose and don't forget to display our inspiration photo and link back to our challenge :-)


At the end of the challenge, our Design Team will choose one Main Winner and at least three Honorable Mentions.  We will announce the winners here on our challenge blog, as well as our Facebook page and our new Pinterest board.  

Again, as we mentioned above, please feel free to use any of the styles we have defined or create your own with a combination of styles.  We want you to have fun with our inspiration!

So come and join us!  We'd love for you to try your hand at a brand new style of card making or feel free to work in your comfort zone.  It is totally up to you!

In case you missed the link above, the styles are explained HERE.

Now for our Design Team's inspiration: 

Esther's Inspiration:  I was inspired by the pine branches
 when I created my Clean and Layered card.


Kerry's Inspiration: The colours and coffee theme
 inspired my Mixed Media card. 


Julie's Inspiration: I was inspired by the Nordic patterns 
on the cups as well as the colors and overall themes
 to create a Clean and Layered card!


Michele's Inspiration:  I found a lot of fun elements for my
 inspiration this week, like the remaining Christmas greenery, 
the berries, the colors, and the inviting cup of cocoa! 
]I threw them all into a Clean and Layered/ 
Freestyle Collage card.


Karen's Inspiration:  I was inspired by the colors and 
the theme  for my Clean & Layered Card


Karen's Inspiration:Sort of a "Shabby Chic
Vintage" card with lots of paper layers.  I
was inspired by the colors, the cocoa and
the warmth indoors when days are cold.


Nancy's Inspiration: The warm cuppa, heavenly in the 
winter setting inspired my lotsa layers (my term!) 
Elegant and Classy card.



LeAnne's Inspiration:  To make my Clean and Layered
 card this week, I was inspired by the Nordic designs 
on the cups, as well as the seasonal colors!


Mackie's Inspiration:  My inspiration for my 
Clean & Layered style card was the coffee cups 
and pine cones!

Kim's Inspiration: My Clean and Layered card was inspired 
by the theme and then the colors led me toward 
a masculine card.


Betty's Inspiration: I was inspired by the colors, the patterns, 
and the theme.  I created a Shabby and Vintage inspired card.

 
The Card Concept Guidelines:

1.  Use the challenge inspiration photo to create a card- no back linking.

2.  Use one of the challenge styles to create a card (or if you prefer, combine a few styles).

3.  Explain in a post which style or combination of styles you used and what inspired you from our photo. 
 
4.  Link your post using the linky tool (please link to the actual post on your blog and not just your blog) and please display our inspiration photo in your blog post.  

5. We do not mind if you combine our challenge with others, but please do not combine ours with another inspiration challenge.  
 
6.  Please try to comment on the cards ahead of you and behind you in the gallery.  Everyone loves comments!


The deadline to participate will be  
Monday, January 31st  at 12:00 pm EST.

We look forward to seeing your artwork in our gallery!
---------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to be included in our entries for possible Winner or Honorable Mention, please make sure you include our inspiration photo in your blog post, direct link to our challenge site and, if possible, explain how you were inspired by our challenge.  Thanks again for playing along with us!



1 comment:

  1. I don't have a blog am new to this ,am I still aloud to enter challenge.
    also what dose it mean no back linking and clean and layered

    ReplyDelete