Wednesday, January 4, 2023

The Card Concept #186 {Holiday Gatherings}

             Welcome to The Card Concept !

Happy New Year!  For those of you who are new to our challenge, every two weeks we will post our inspiration photo challenge and hope that you will join us by creating a card for our challenge gallery.  


Just a reminder, an inspiration photo is exactly that- a starting point for inspiration. Will it be the colors, the overall theme, the texture, the actual items and/or something else that will inspire your card? 


Choose a design style (or combine styles), create a card, and in your blog post, let us know what inspired you from the photo, what style and/or styles you chose and don't forget to display our inspiration photo and link back to our challenge :-)

At the end of the challenge, our Design Team will choose one Main Winner and at least three Honorable Mentions.  We will announce the winners here on our challenge blog, as well as our Facebook page and our new Pinterest board.  

Again, as we mentioned above, please feel free to use any of the styles we have defined or create your own with a combination of styles.  We want you to have fun with our inspiration!

So come and join us!  We'd love for you to try your hand at a brand new style of card making or feel free to work in your comfort zone.  It is totally up to you!

In case you missed the link above, the styles are explained HERE.

Now for our Design Team's inspiration: 

Esther's Inspiration: I was inspired by the greenery and stars 
when I created my Mixed Media card. 


Kerry's Inspiration: Gathering with friends in and around 
the pool over the long summer holidays inspired my 
Clean and Layered card.


Julie's Inspiration: I was inspired by the colors and the 
textures to create a Shabby Chic and Vintage card!



Michele's Inspiration: I was inspired by the shiny gold and 
glittery green and used them in in sparkly 
Clean and Simple card! Happy New Year!


Karen's Inspiration: I was inspired by the 
colors for my Clean and Layered Card


Karen's Inspiration: I was inspired by the gorgeous 
gold elements when creating my Freestyle Collage
Style card.


Jenny's Inspiration:
 I was inspired by the beautiful picture 
and the colours to make a Clean and Simple 
Mixed Media Card!


Nancy's Inspiration: A celebration was going on in 
the photo, which inspired my Elegant and Layered 
glam card (my made up style!).




Mackie's Inspiration: I was inspired the green and gold 
colors to create my Clean and Layered card.


Kim's Inspiration: My Clean and Layered card was inspired 
by the colors (although I used metallic champagne instead
 of gold) and the neutral elegance of the inspiration.


Betty's Inspiration: I was inspired by colors, stars, and 
patterns.  I created a Clean and Layered Style card.

The deadline to participate will be  
Monday January 16th at 12:00 pm EST.

We look forward to seeing your artwork in our gallery!
---------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to be included in our entries for possible Winner or Honorable Mention, please make sure you include our inspiration photo in your blog post, and, if possible, explain how you were inspired by our challenge.  Also, please make sure that we are the only inspiration challenge and direct link to our challenge site.  
Thanks again for playing along with us!




1 comment:

  1. Some fabulous cards from the DT - love the colours in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete